Pin types and lengths:
- All standard Hampton type cryo pins can be accommodated.
- All MiTyGen pins will be accommodated
- All Lytholoops will be accommodated.
User Data Backups
- External SATA, firewire (IEEE 1394) or USB disks (USB-3 is strongly advised due to high transfer rate).
- SFTP or FTP out to the home lab. Three computers per beamline are available for outside access during experiment.
- No other devices (tape drives, DVD burners etc) are supported or provided.
Please check back for latest updates. Our standards will change as new drivers are made available.
- FAT32, NTFS, ext3, exFAT, and HFS+ are supported for firewire/USB/eSATA devices.
- FAT32, NTFS, ext3, exFAT formatted drives can be connected to any Linux computer except for ws2 and ws3.
- HFS+ needs a commercial driver and therefore it is supported by only three Linux computers per beamline: ws4, ws5, and ws7.
Note: Users can bring disks with ANY
FORMAT if they are connected to users’ own portable computers. In
this case backup may be slower.
23ID-D station as of 07/2005
Energy range 6-20* keV
Energy resolution ΔE/E < 2x10-4
Minimum focal spot size at the sample position 25x62 μm2
Beam size can be adjusted up
Focal spot position can vary from sample to infinity
Flux 1x1013 photons @ 12keV
Attenuation from 0 to 100%
Single, fixed-horizontal axis*. Rotation speed up to 360o/sec for sample centering, adjustable for data collection
Maximum 2θ angle is 45o at 70 mm and 20o at 1000mm*
Sample-to-detector distance 183-3000 mm*
Beamstop-to-sample distance adjustable in 30-109* mm range
On-axis visualization system with high magnification (32 times)
MARmosaic 300 with 300 mm2 sensitive area and 4096x4096 pixels
Highest achievable resolution ~0.4* Å @ 20 keV and 2θ=45o (0.63 Å @ Se edge)
Highest achievable resolutions at 2θ=0 are 0.58 Å @ 20 keV and 0.91Å @ Se edge
FLUORESCENCE DETECTOR (KETEK)
Energy resolution ~150 eV @ 1000 cps
Anomalous diffraction experiments can be carried out over entire energy range
Experiment setup and data collection with JBluIce, the GM/CA software resembling interface of SSRL BluIce.
For data processing, HKL2000, d*TREK and MOSFLM provided and supported
All popular crystallographic programs and packages provided (some unsupported)
SAMPLE CRYO COOLING with Cryojet. Assortment of cryotools and dewars provided
Cold room provided
Microscopes in the wet lab, cold room and X-ray hutches are provided
* indicates the parameters and/or components which will change later.