Printing from the APS Wireless Network
When you bring your loptop with you, you can connect to the APS wireless
network. That network is isolated from the beamlines networks and normally
you cannot access any beamline resources from there with a few exceptions:
you can access the GM/CA NOMACHINE and Globus servers which are available
for remote users and you can print to the Canon printer in the 436D shared area.
- General instructions how to connect to the APS printers from the wireless network are given
- The printer name is canon.gmca.aps.anl.gov.
- The printer model is Canon Color ImageRunner iR-ADV C5030.
- The printer drivers can be downloaded here.
- If you prefer to use a generic driver, the printer accepts jobs in the Postscript-3, PCL5, PCL6, and UFRII formats.